THE EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY IS LOOKING FOR A COOK (FULLTIME 40 HRS/WEEK)
TO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
The Embassy is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking cook who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will have several years’ experience with the international as well as regional cuisine. The cook will be responsible for preparing meals for the ambassador’s guests, managing hired kitchen help (for larger functions only), inventory management and grocery shopping.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Planning and execution of official meals at the Ambassador’s Residence
- Preparation and execution of functions
- Cleaning of the kitchen before and after functions
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment are maintained in excellent working condition
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Manage tasks related to meal prep, cooking and delivering food to diners in a timely fashion
- Follow the budget established by the employer
- Grocery shopping and basic accounting
- Regular disposal of rubbish from the kitchen
- Keeping up with industry trends and create new recipes in collaboration with the employer
- Making menu suggestions
- Liaising with the events team, the Ambassador and his spouse
- Professional cookery qualification (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in a prestigious kitchen
- Experience in international as well as regional cuisine
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Good command of the English language both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Honesty and discretion
- Good knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
The duration of the employment is limited to one year with the possibility of extension.
The salary is fixed on a local scheme basis, normal working time is 40hrs/week, flexible working hours. Must be willing to work overtime in return for time in lieu. Candidates should have an immaculate and confident appearance in every situation as well as experience in dealing with visitors and VIP-guests.
Candidates must fulfil the requirements of legal residence in Singapore.
Please send your application no later than Friday, 12.07.2019 with the following documents:
- CV with photo
- Copy of passport and residence permit
- Copies of Graduation documents
- Copies of proof of language skills
- References and other proof of experience
by email only to the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany: firstname.lastname@example.org
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be called in for an interview. Interviews will be held from July 22nd onwards.
One of the goals of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany is the professional development of women. Thus applications from qualified female cooks are expressedly encouraged.