The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany Singapore seeks
at the earliest possible time:
Support Officer (m/w/d) for full-time employment in the fields of culture, politics, press and public diplomacy, economics and science.
The position is initially limited to March 31, 2023.
Since 1965, the embassy represents german interests in Singapore, promoting political Relations and economic, scientific and cultural cooperation. Our team is looking forward to strengthening our Departments in order to further Strengthen the close relationship and make Germany more visible in Singapore.
This position includes the following focal tasks:
- Organization and implementation of events of the Embassy
- Preparation und support of delegations
- Research and Analysis
- Content-creation for and further enhancement of the Embassy‘s social media channels and website
- Support media representatives/ media analysis
- Maintaining contacts with partners of the Embassy / contacts with the Singaporean authorities / processing enquiries
- Tasks to be fulfilled in the areas of culture, politics, press, public diplomacy, economics and science as needed
- Minimum school leaving certificate with a university entrance qualification
- Language skills:
- very good written and spoken English language skills required
- very good written and spoken German language skills are desirable
- very good command of written and spoken Chinese is an advantage
- Good computer skills, including MS Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven knowledge of 'social media' is an advantage
- Work experience in at least one of the work areas is desirable
- Ability to work in a team, organizational talent and the ability to work independently, enthusiasm and dedication, diligence and reliability
- Motivation and high resilience, flexibility and the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new work Areas
On-job training will be provided for all areas of responsibility as necessary.
Remuneration is based on customary local terms and conditions. The contractual conditions are based on local law.
Only applicants who meet Singapore's employment and residence law requirements can be considered.
The Federal Foreign Office has set itself the goal of promoting women professionally and expressly invites qualified women to apply.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to a selection interview.
After a successful selection process, proof of health suitability must be provided (through a medical examination at a clinic of the embassy’s choice) before being hired. In addition, a personal / security check is carried out. Your willingness to participate is assumed.
Please send your application by March 21, 2021, 11:59 p.m. with the following documents:
- Complete curriculum vitae in tabular form in German or English (passport photo optional)
- Letter of motivation
- A level certificate or equivalent
- Proof of professional training
- Proof of language skills
- Job references and references from previous professional activities
- Copy of your passport or identity card, residence permit if applicable
exclusively by email to the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany: email@example.com
Please note that only complete and timely applications will be considered. Acknowledgments of receipt will not be sent. Application documents will not be returned. Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to an interview (oral selection procedure).
If you have not received any notification by April 25, 2021, it means that we will not be proceeding with your application.
Travel expenses for the interview will not be reimbursed.
Information on data protection in accordance with Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be found at https://singapur.diplo.de/sg-de/datenschutz.