Assistant Desk Officer for full-time employment in the Administration Department
We are hiring!, © German Embassy
The position is initially limited until 31st March 2025.
Since 1965, the Embassy represents German interests in singapore, promoting political relations and economic, scientific and cultural cooperation. Our team is looking forward to strengthening our departments in order to further deepen and expand the close bilateral relationship.
The position includes the following focal tasks:
Support of the administration team in all areas, e.g.
- Preparation of routine letters
- Communication with Singaporean authorities, Information acquisition from Singaporean authorities, research
- Monitoring the development of the legal situation in relevant areas (labor law, tax law, etc.)
- Application for tax refunds, work permits, driving licenses etc.
- Obtaining offers, procurements
- Minimum requirement: intermediate school leaving certificate and completed vocational training school for preference certificate entitling access to university
- Language skills:
- Very good written and spoken German language skills (level C1)
- Very good written and spoken English language skills (level C1/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE))
- Good computer skills, including MS Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional experience in the administrative area desirable
- Pronounced team ability, organisational talent and the ability to work independently, service orientation, diligence and reliability
- High level of commitment to work, performance and resilience, flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to other areas of work
The Embassy operates in German and English. Advanced languages skills are therefore indispensable.
On-job training will be provided for all areas of responsibility as necessary.
The remuneration is based on customary local terms and conditions. The contractual conditions are based on local law. Only applicants who meet Singapore's employment and residence law requirements can be considered.
The Federal Foreign Office has set itself the goal of promoting women professionally and expressly invites qualified women to apply.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to a selection interview.
After a successful selection process, proof of health suitability must be provided (through a medical examination at a clinic of the Embassy’s choice) before being hired. In addition, a personal security check is carried out. Your readiness to participate is assumed.
We are looking forward to your application by March 6, 2023, 00:00 a.m. with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation in German and in English (1 page each)
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form in German (passport photo optional)
- Proof of professional training, studies, language skills, job references and references from previous professional activities
- Copy of your passport or identity card, residence permit if applicable
Exclusively by email to the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany:
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to an interview (oral/written selection procedure).
Travel expenses for the interview will not be reimbursed.
For more information about the embassy, see: www.singapur.diplo.de.
Information on data protection in accordance with Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be found at https://singapur.diplo.de/sg-de/datenschutz.