Support Officer for Full-Time Employment in the Fields of Culture, Politics, Press and Public Diplomacy, Economics and Science
JOIN OUR TEAM, © Picture Alliance/Zoonar.com/CH. HORZ
The position is initially limited until March 31, 2025.
Since 1965, the Embassy represents German interests in Singapore, promoting political relations and economic, scientific and cultural cooperation. Our team is looking forward to strengthening our departments in order to further strengthen the close relationship and make Germany more visible in Singapore.
The position includes the following focal tasks:
- Organization and implementation of events of the Embassy
- Preparation und support of delegations
- Research and Analysis
- Content-creation for and further enhancement of the Embassy‘s social media channels and website
- Support media representatives/ media analysis
- Maintaining contacts with partners of the Embassy / contacts with the Singaporean authorities / processing enquiries
- Contribution to written products
Tasks to be fulfilled in the areas of culture, politics, press, public diplomacy, economics and science as needed.
- Minimum school leaving certificate with a university entrance qualification
- Language skills:
- very good written and spoken English language skills required
- very good written and spoken German language skills are desirable
- Good computer skills, including MS Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven knowledge of 'social media' is an advantage
- Understanding of political contexts and international relations
- Work experience in at least one of the work areas is desirable
- Ability to work in a team, organizational talent and the ability to work independently, enthusiasm and dedication, diligence and reliability
- Motivation and high resilience, flexibility and the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new work areas
On-job training will be provided for all areas of responsibility as necessary.
The remuneration is based on customary local terms and conditions. The contractual conditions are based on local law. The employment contract is initially limited. The possibility of extension exists.
Only applicants who meet Singapore's employment and residence law requirements can be considered.
The Federal Foreign Office has set itself the goal of promoting women professionally and expressly invites qualified women to apply.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to a selection interview.
After a successful selection process, proof of health suitability must be provided (through a medical examination at a clinic of the embassy’s choice) before being hired. In addition, a personal / security check is carried out. Your willingness to participate is assumed.
We are looking forward to your application by by March 5, 2023, 24.00 hours (term of exclusion) with the following documents
- Letter of motivation in German and English (one page each)
- Complete curriculum vitae in tabular form in German or English (passport photo optional)
- Proof of professional training, degree, language skills, job references and references from previous professional activities
- Copy of your passport or identity card, residence permit if applicable
Exclusively by email (all documents preferably summarized in one PDF file of max. 2 MB) to the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany:
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to an interview (oral/written selection procedure).
Travel expenses for the interview will not be reimbursed.
For more information about the embassy, see: www.singapur.diplo.de.
Information on data protection in accordance with Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be found at https://singapur.diplo.de/sg-de/datenschutz.